- We have high aspirations for children with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities
- We work hard to support them in all aspects of school life and remove barriers to achievement
- We pride ourselves in working in close partnership with parents/carers and children
- We will provide expert support and resources for children with SEND to enable them to flourish
- We regularly ask parents and children what is working well and what they want to improve
THE PURPOSE OF OUR SCHOOL OFFER
We want to inform parents and carers about all aspects of SEND. All schools are required to make this information readily available and it is often referred to as the ‘Local Offer’. The purpose of our school’s local offer is to inform parents and carers about:
- how we welcome into our school children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
- how we support them in all aspects of school life and remove barriers to achievement
- how we work in close partnership with parents/carers and children
- how we make effective provision for all of our children with SEND
- We will keep our school offer under review – by asking parents and children what is working well and what they want to improve. Our next review date is October 2019.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any SEND queries or concerns, or are interested in more information about the SEND Policy and/or SEND Information report, please reach out to Katherine Walsh, Brookfield’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) or Laura Smale, Deputy SENDCo. Together, Katherine and Laura have overall whole school responsibility for SEND and inclusion. Katherine and Laura lead on the day to day operation of our SEND procedures following guidance in the SEN Code of Practice.
At Brookfield, the Senior Leadership Team work alongside class teachers to ensure all children have access to outstanding teaching and learning by holding the highest expectations of all our pupils and knowing the children well. We believe that the education we provide needs to enable children to achieve their best, become confident and compassionate individuals living fulfilling lives, and make a successful transition to secondary school. We foster open and honest communication with parents and carers, so if at any time you have concerns about your child please contact either your child’s class teacher or phase leader.
Our Senior Leadership Team is:
Laurel Robin, Headteacher and EYFS Phase Leader, email@example.com
Katherine Walsh, Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion and Years 1 and 2 Phase Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faye Winslade, Assistant Headteacher and Years 5 and 6 Phase Leader, email@example.com
Paul Wade, Interim Assistant Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Treseder, Assistant Headteacher (maternity leave)
Brookfield’s link Governor for SEND is Anthony Mirams.
THE BROOKFIELD SCHOOL OFFER
We have organised our school offer into 12 sections. Please click on the headings at the side of the page for more information on each area.
You can also find out more about Camden’s local offer here.