Reception are The Brookfield Investigators and we spend our days learning through exploration. In our classrooms there are always opportunities to use our imaginations, be creative, construct, increase our number and shape understanding, and develop our knowledge of the world around us. We begin our journey as readers and writers in reception, using high quality texts.
The children learn to be independent and responsible so that they can become creative, curious and confident learners.
Our main topics are traditional tales, festivals and celebrations, space, animals, food and cooking and underwater creatures. We also do a unit on superheroes and pirates! During YR we also get to go on lots of exciting trips including the Grant Zoology Museum, Kentish Town Fire Station, Pizza Express (where we make our own pizzas!), Hampstead Heath, St Mary’s Brookfield and Sea Life London Aquarium.
The children learn to be independent and responsible so that they can become confident learners.
- Getting to know Brookfield & the roles of people who work there
- Becoming familiar with rules & school routines to increase independence
- Looking after our learning spaces by working as a team
- Gardening and looking after our animals
- Picking up litter and ensuring the YR outdoor area is tidy