Newsletter 17th May

Key EventDate
Year 1 trip to Millenium BridgeMonday 20 May
Year 6 trip to Cambridge TheatreWednesday 22 May
Y5 Ash class trip to Crick InstituteWednesday 22 May
International EveningThursday 23 May
Y5 Willow class trip to Crick InstituteFriday 24 May
Half TermMonday 27 – Friday 31 May
Brookfield School Class photosTuesday 4 June
Y4 Ivy class trip to Arts Depot Barnet Wednesday 5 June
Brookfield School Community Quiz nightThursday 13 June
Y4 Bramble class trip to The place Theatre Thursday 13 June
Year 6 trip to Shakespeare Globe TheatreFriday 14 June
Year 6 Production at Channing Thursday 11 July
Summer FairSaturday 13 July
Year 6 Leavers assembly Wednesday 24 July
End of School YearWednesday 24 July 1-1.15pm finish

Laurel’s Update

Our year 6 children have been amazing this week completing their end of Key Stage 2 assessments, SATs. They have demonstrated our values of achievement, responsibility and kindness while taking these tests in Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar, Reading and Mathematics. The children are currently writing a newspaper article about SATs and while they were interviewing me, I took the opportunity to ask them about their experience. Anwar told me  ‘It was good, it was a good practice.’  Zachary shared, ‘I think the Sats were very hard and I think we did well. I hope I get a good score.’ Eliot thought ‘We were well prepared, this year, I found them fairly easy.’ and Habiba reported ‘I knew what I was doing because I understood what the teachers were talking about.’ Habiba. Today, year 6 enjoyed a celebratory trip to London Zoo and have lots to look forward to as we prepare to give them a brilliant ending at Brookfield. 

To inspire the best in everyone we have welcomed two speakers to our assemblies over the past week. Sincere thanks to Baz Naik, Waitrose Trustee and Branch Manager, who shared his story of arriving in this country aged 10 and the achievements he has made both personally and professionally. Today, Dr Iain Kooyman, came to talk to us about how to support good mental health as part of Mental Health Awareness Week. The children had some interesting questions to ask both visitors and we are really grateful for their time and efforts to be with us.

Our Learning Week