Newsletter 26th April

Key EventDate
Conker class trip to Hampstead Heath secret GardenMonday 29 April
Year 2 trip to Omved Gardens (Dandelion AM, Poppy PM) Tuesday 30 April
Heather class trip to Waitrose Cookery SchoolWednesday 1 May
School closure due to local electionsThursday 2 May
Acorn class trip to Hampstead Heath secret gardenFriday 3 May
May Bank Holiday – School closedMonday 6 May
Reception trip to The Postal Museum Tuesday 7 May
Year 6 to London ZooFriday 17 May
International Evening Date TBC (in next weeks newsletter!)
Half TermMonday 27 – Friday 31 May
Brookfield School Community Quiz night! Thursday 13 June
Year 6 trip to Shakespeare Globe TheatreFriday 14 June
Summer Fair Saturday 13 July

Laurel’s Update

Congratulations to our Year 6 Debate Team for taking part in a competition organised by Debate Mate on Monday. Over 35 teams competed on the day, with a Brookfield team coming 3rd and Rozafa winning an individual award for the best question! We are looking forward to Monday’s assembly when the team will be sharing their achievement and experience with the school.

In our Anti-Racism Committee meeting it was great to hear about the well-attended parent workshop organised by the Brookfield School Community. There are plans to run more of these workshops so more parents can engage in developing their racial literacy and anti-racist parenting strategies. I am so proud of the work of the Anti-Racism Committee and thank all members for their dedication and support. Our next meeting is 12th June 3.30-4.30pm, with free places at after school club provided, please attend and help us develop this important work.

Here is some of the feedback about the Anti-Racism workshop from one of the parents who attended: “I was anxious about the workshop because I thought it would be a challenging topic, but actually Francesca was very gentle and it felt welcoming and easy. I came away feeling more confident to talk to my daughter about anti-racism and we had a conversation right away when I got home! I feel more equipped to support her”

I hope this afternoon’s bake sale and film night are successful and we look forward to sharing early next week our Curriculum letters with lots of information about the learning this term and how you can support at home. 

Our Learning Week