Newsletter 8th March

Key EventDate
Year 5 trip to Science MuseumTuesday 12 March
Year 1 trip to Cecil Sharpe HouseWednesday 13 March
Stay, Play and Learn session for Catkin Parents/CarersThursday 14 March
Year 6 SATS meeting for Parents and CarersFriday 15th March 9am
Community daySaturday 16 March 11am – 3pm
Year 4 trip to Kentish Town Primary for Julius Caesar performanceThursday 21 March
Year 1 outing to Waterlow Park Tuesday 26 March
Year 6 trip to Imperial War MuseumWednesday 27 March
Stay, play and learn session for Catkin parentsThursday 28 March
Last day of Spring term – school finishes 1-1.15pmThursday 28 March
Easter HolidaysFriday 29 March – Friday 12 April
Summer Term beginsMonday 15 April
Eid CelebrationWednesday 17 April
Open Afternoon Thursday 18 April
Potential school closure due to local electionsThursday 2 May

Laurel’s Update

We have had a fantastic week in the build-up to yesterday’s World Book Day. The children have been inspired by visits from authors Effua Gleed, Nadia Ragozhina and Carl Wilkinson. World Book Day itself saw the children celebrating characters from a wide range of books followed by dancing at the school disco! Thanks to staff and the Brookfield School Community for making it such a special week. I hope you enjoy the photos in this newsletter of these wonderful events. 

On Thursday 18th April we will be closing from 1-1.15pm so that parents and carers can visit class teachers for our Spring Open Afternoon. Please sign up for a meeting here to talk to you child’s class teacher about their well-being and learning. More information on how to book your appointment is detailed in whole school news below.

Further to my letter on Monday, where I shared that I am leaving Brookfield at the end of this school year, please can I thank the children, parents and carers who have taken the time to speak, or write, to me about this news. I am looking forward to our next 5 months together and have every confidence in Brookfield’s future.

Our Learning Week

We’ve had an action packed week, full of trips, workshops and visits from special guests this week. Read all about it here: