I have great pleasure in sharing Summer Curriculum letters for years 1-6. Early years and Year 2 letters will be available in next week’s newsletter. I hope you enjoy finding out about Brookfield’s new curriculum organised into themes, encouraging deep and memorable learning experiences. Please speak to your children about their learning this term and we look forward to sharing their beautiful work!
Our term dates page has been updated with all the INSET days for the next school year (2021-22). Please see the term dates page for details.
**** SEE BELOW TO FIND OUT THE LATEST ON OUR FUNDRAISING TARGET ****
Brookfield’s earth day news article
We were so pleased to have our earth day activities featured in the Ham & High. Read the article here
Thank you to everyone who made a donation – we raised a fantastic £246. What a brilliant effort Brookfield!
We are thinking of our Muslim community as Ramadan is observed and preparations made for Eid. May the blessings of this holy month bring you a happy and peaceful Ramadan Mubarak 2021.
From Camden Learning:
If you’re a member of Camden’s Muslim community, thank you for your efforts to observe Ramadan safely. With Eid Al-Fitr coming up next week (the exact timings are due to be confirmed on Tuesday), here are some tips to celebrate it safely:
1. If you plan to visit your local mosque, please follow the on-site signage and guidance to keep yourself and those around you safe
2. If you plan to celebrate at home instead of visiting the mosque, you could pray with loved ones virtually over Zoom or live-stream prayers from your local mosque
3. Please enjoy the Eid meal and catching up with loved ones safely to prevent yourself from catching or passing on coronavirus:
· Only socialise indoors with your household or bubble – and keep the windows open to keep the space well ventilated
· Only socialise outdoors in groups of 6 people or 2 households
· Avoid sharing platters of food
· Regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitiser
· Stay 2 metres apart from those outside your bubble or household.
4. For more information, the Muslim Council of Britain has published updated advice fori’itikaf and Eid at mcb.org.uk/resources/coronavirus/.
Summer Parent and Carer Workshops
Laurel and Mel look forward to meeting parents and carers from Years 2 and 3 for an online phase coffee morning on Thursday morning at 11am. We will be sharing updates relevant to the phase and learning from each other.
Please see below, our full programme of workshops for this term which are at 11am via Zoom each week.
13th May: Year 2 and 3 coffee morning with Laurel (Head teacher) and Mel (Assistant Head)
20th May: Oracy with Seren (EYFS Lead) and Louise (Oracy and English Lead)
10th June: Year 4 and 5 coffee morning with Laurel and Lauren (Phase Leader)
17th June: Year 6 coffee morning with Laurel
24th June: Nursery, Reception and Year 1 maths with Lucy (Maths Lead) and Seren (EYFS Lead)
1st July Art with Emily (Art Lead)
8th July: Head teacher and Chair of Governor’s drop in
tbc: E-safety parent training with Sus (Computing Lead)
Zoom meeting ID: 718 2430 4068, Password: xxsL5B
Families, Food & Feelings group
Please read the poster below which is open to all parents in Camden for self referral.
Book of the week
This week’s book is ‘Sofia Valdez, Future Prez’ by Andrea Beaty, illustrated by David Roberts. It’s a fantastic book about a little girl standing up for what she believes in, using her voice to speak to the ‘big, important’ people and campaigning for change in her local community! It’s about people coming together. What better a book could there be in the world today to inspire our children to speak up and be heard?! Beautiful pictures, colourful and rich. The themes are so relevant. I just love it.
Louise (Literacy and Oracy lead)
Staff Parking Request
A few of the staff at Brookfield that have to drive to work, are currently having to move their cars through the day to avoid parking tickets. We are therefore appealing for any Brookfield residents that may have a driveway space that is available for use during the day (or the morning until 12pm when parking restrictions ease). We would ask anyone that can help out to email Rosie in the office, and we can put you in touch with the staff member.
Do you want a Summer Fair?
If the answer is “yes”, then two things need to happen. We need volunteers. But crucially we also need a new PTA Chair to oversee the PTA events.
“I want to volunteer”
– Great. Just drop us an email and we’ll make sure you’re on the list for Summer Fair plans.
“I’m thinking about PTA chair”
– Also great. Lulu and Rahma have done an amazing job keeping things going through the pandemic, but it’s time to hand over to someone (or two people) who can bring some new energy to the role. Without new leadership the PTA will not survive, and it’s unfair to expect Lulu and Rahma to stay on indefinitely. There will be tons of advice and assistance, don’t worry.
The PTA chair role involves 3 main things:
1) run an AGM
2) plan a schedule of events (and then delegate)
3) agree spending plans with the school.
You don’t need to do the money side of things (the treasurer, Rob, is staying on in that role) and you don’t need to be an experienced fundraiser. You just need to be able to plan, organise, and want the school to have some fun times.
Technology for everyone at Brookfield – PTA Summer Fundraiser
We are making FANTASTIC progress on our computer fundraiser – we have raised over £2,000, so with Gift Aid to come we are getting very close to the £3,000 target!
If you haven’t yet donated, please help us get over the line and ensure ALL Brookfield children can get the access to technology that they need. The money will be spent on Chromebooks and a charging table.
Family can help too – please feel free to share our fundraising page with a kindly aunt or grandparent.