Events next week –
Monday 2nd – Reverse advent collection begins, Ash to Guardian Newspaper Workshop at Kings Cross, School Tour for prospective parents 9am (bookable online)
Tuesday 3rd – Y3 to the RAF museum, KS1 to Goldilocks Pantomime at Jackson’s Lane Theatre
Wednesday 4th – Bookstart session for Nursery children and parents (9am, music room) FAB project: Junk Orchestra with Y5, Packed lunch workshop for parents (2.45pm, Library), 3.30pm clothes swap (organised by Y6 children please donate and take for free)
Thursday 5th – Brookfield Busy Bee’s under 5’s drop in, EYFS to Goldilocks Pantomime at Jackson’s Lane Theatre
Friday 6th – FAB project: Junk Orchestra with Y6, Willow to The Canterville Ghost at the Unicorn Theatre
This week we appreciated a visit from Terry Haslam, Camden Community Safety Officer, to our coffee morning. She encouraged parents to report any anti-social or criminal behaviour or harassment. Incidents can be reported to 999, 101 or www.met.police.uk/report. Terry’s team can be contacted directly on 020 7974 4444 or email@example.com. Thank you to all the Y4 parents who came to Ivy and Bramble class’ reading cafes. Next week, we look forward to some exciting trips, the Y6 clothes swap, packed lunch workshop and Winter Fair!
Fast Fashion – clothes swap
To highlight the issue of “Fast Fashion” and supporting the re-use, reduce, recycle premise, please gather your unwanted clothes to give-away, in exchange for other items. The clothing swap will take place from 3.30pm on Wednesday 4th December.
Please ensure items are clean and in reasonable condition. Children and adult items, shoes, accessories also accepted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
After School Club news
Booking forms for next term will be out next week with details of next term’s after school club activities.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO MAKE ANY BOOKINGS FOR NEXT TERM IF THERE IS AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE ON YOUR CHILD’S ACCOUNT.
A MASSIVE congratulations to our y4 Benchball team! The A team came third, receiving bronze medals respectively and the B team won! Both teams demonstrated the Brookfield team spirit which both Aaron and myself were very proud to see.
The Y6/5 boys and girls football team won their matches and also performed very well. A great sporting week!
PLEASE CAN ALL SCHOOL KIT/ TSHIRTS BE RETURNED! Thank you.
I completed my last race of the year which took place in the home of rugby; Twickenham stadium.
I will be running the dead hang challenge this year. Dead simple (lol), you just have to hang from a bar or rope for a set time. Each day the time goes up and it is a month long challenge. How many minutes do you thing you will get up to? Hang on well,
Remember – “endure the pain of getting better or suffer the pain of getting beat“! Wise old Haseeb
This opened peanut bar was found in the lunch hall. We have children with severe allergies to nuts who could have had a serious reaction if they had come into contact with this. We are a nut free school. No nut products can be bought into school. We encourage all parents who make packed lunches to attend the workshop on Wednesday at 2.45pm in the library.
Artist (and Brookfield Mama) Ritu Sood has created a beautiful limited edition art calendar from her paintings entitled ‘Synergies’. She is offering 50 calendars at £20 each to the Brookfield Community to purchase and a percentage will go to Brookfield School. They are perfect for your home or as gifts, get your order in before they sell out! Calendars can be collected from the school office, cash payment only. Contact Ritu on email@example.com / 07949 545 373 / @ritusoodart if you have any queries.
Quick thank yous:
FOREST SCHOOL DECORATIONS:
Paula Harvey says
I would like to say a massive ‘Thank you’ to everyone who donated items for the festive decorations. The children have all enjoyed creating their very own decoration to help raise money for the school
Your child’s decoration will be on sale at the winter fair, and in case you missed it they will also be on sale at the winter market on Wednesday 11th (see details below)
Y6 SALE LAST FRIDAY
The Y6 Thai food ‘bake’ sale was a huge success. Delicious, and a brilliant idea. It raised over £400 for the PTA so a big win there – thank you to all involved.
and coming up:
WINTER FAIR – DEC 7, 12-3pm – what you need to know
Our Winter Fair is nearly here and we need your help to get this show on the road. Please see below for all you need to know.
Winter fair – 7th December 12-3pm
- Santa’s Grotto, Winter Market, Food, Bar, Games, Music stage
- Free stuff – the fair is free entry, with free games and free tea/coffee/squash for everyone
- However, it’s still a fundraiser. Bring coins, notes and even cards! (only 2 card machines, so still bring lots of coins)
- Come to buy gifts, stocking fillers, make decorations, eat cake! And lots more.
What can you do to help?
- Volunteer on your year’s stall. Please contact your class rep
- Help with set up – see times below
- Bake cakes and biscuits and bring on the day
- Donate pre-loved toys and books (No baby or toddler stuff. No bric a brac. Nothing broken. Please).
- Donate handcrafted gifts, jams etc for the Winter Market – think eco. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate raffle prizes. Email email@example.com
- Donate more festive ribbon, wool and string. Thank you for the last lot. Brilliant! The kids loved it and want to make more.
- Ask your kids’ grandparents if they would like to come. Can they do a stint with the Governors serving the tea? Email Leanne
- Sell gingerbread mix (for the gingerbread competition, judged by Laurel at the fair) for 15 mins in the playgrounds after school starting Friday 29th November. Email Leanne
- Sell raffle tickets in the playground after school – info soon.
Setting up and clearing away – please help!
- Set up Friday afternoon straight after school to carry tables to playground and then from 4.30 in the hall
- Set up Saturday morning from 9.30am
- Clear away from 3pm until it’s done
Green is the New White – Brookfield is going eco!
- Be prepared to think about where your rubbish is going. We will be composting and recycling.
- The success of the fair will be measured by how much fun we had (obvs) and how much money we raised, but also how few black bin bags we sent off to landfill.
- Can you bring a reusable cup, bowl, fork? There will be compostable available, but reusable is even better!
- Any questions or comments or offers of help, email Leanne_rivers@yahoo.co.uk
Any questions or comments or offers of help, email Leanne_rivers@yahoo.co.uk
*****THANK YOU AND SEE YOU THERE!*****
CHRISTMAS MARKET – DEC 11, from 3.30pm
We will be holding a Christmas market in the junior playground next Wednesday 11th from 3.30pm – all types of products welcome.
Please let us know ASAP if you would like to have your own table.
(No parent volunteers needed – this is a community-led market, not the Winter Fair)
— that’s it, for now —