We know that the active involvement of parents/carers in supporting the education of their child is one of the most important factors in ensuring a child’s success and achievement.  From our involvement in the Achievement for All project we have developed a style of working with parents/carers – for example, through a regular “structured conversation” – which places parents/carer at the heart of decision making about their child.

We will always try to involve parents and children in planning and reviewing progress. We make every effort to communicate clearly and regularly with parents and carers of children with SEN/D about, for example:

  • how we support their children;
  • their achievements and well-being
  • their participation in the full life of our school.

We will also help and advise parents/carers on how to help their children make progress at home, for example in mathematics and reading. We welcome and value feedback on how well we are working with our parents.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (working in partnership with parents and carers)

Q. How will you make sure I am involved in planning and reviewing?

A. We review every child’s progress each term and we will invite you to come to the school to discuss progress and next steps with your child’s class teacher and/ or SENDCO.

Q. What can I reasonably expect from the school?

A. We will involve you when we are assessing your child’s needs; when we are planning support and when we are reviewing progress.  We make sure we tell you what is happening in terms of support for your child and how well he/she is progressing.

Q. Is there a special service in Camden that supports and advises parents about issues such as assessment and provision?

A. Yes. It’s called the Parent Partnership*. It is funded by Camden Local Authority but is totally independent in terms of giving advice.  You will find information on the website    www.camden.parentpartnership.com.   

The person in charge of the service is Victor Baldock

Email: Victor.Baldock@camden.gov.uk
Tel number 020 7974 6264

You can also contact the new Camden Service – Independent Supporters – who provide work directly with young people and the parents of children being assessed for an EHC plan

Q. What if I am unhappy about my child’s provision or progress?

A. We always work hard to make sure that our parents are happy with what we provide for their child. However, we will address worries, concerns and complaints as soon as possible through face to face meetings where we will listen carefully to your concerns. If you feel that we have not been able to address your concerns satisfactorily, we have a complaints policy and procedure that you will find on our website or from our office.